RSS

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Reflection/Evaluation

I had a lot of trouble with the story boarding task. The synopsis and the rest of the treatment didn’t cause me any worries. It was only the drawing aspect of the story boarding that was my problem though. I can’t draw and any drawing skill I might have doesn’t apply when I have to draw in perspective. I’ve never been able to draw prospectively or 3D, my mind just doesn’t work like that. I can’t even draw a 3D cube, so I was way out of my depth with the storyboard drawing. However, if I don’t get an A- on it at least it would be incredibly unfair because the descriptions and information on the side of the board was really good. My planning and drafting helped a lot for my treatment, though not really for my story boarding. The activities didn’t help with my story boarding or treatment but the templates were an amazing help. Without the templates I wouldn’t have been able to remember what was said in class. I think the templates made my treatment extremely effective (A standard). I have discovered that i can write to engage an audience without writing in a story style. The trick i have learnt is to use blackboard as surprisingly enough Mr Andrews puts a lot of helpful stuff on there. I have learnt how to use the Macbook word as well which is a handy little thing to have considering our whole school is Mac based. I have developed many skills which include correct formatting of treatments and SOME perspective drawing techniques. I have discovered that my creative process in which i create story's and ideas isn't ideal for assessment pieces as people might be inclined to believe that i haven't do the proper work. i didn't enjoy storyboarding at all and I'm not happy with my finished product. If i could start again, i wouldn't do a storyboard. Writing and describing the pictures in my head is no easy task and the storyboard doesn't accurately portray my idea; however, i left it more open to changes so that the group and i can easily change aspects of the story. The treatment i am completely satisfied with though. The treatment is completely A standard. the only problem with my treatment was that i set my synopsis on the same page as my key locations and character profile though this only happened due to miscommunication. I did manage my time effectively with the treatment though not with the storyboard, i ran out time to do a photo story board which meant i had to draw it and i had to combine shots as it was going to be far to long otherwise. i would only change my synopsis placing in the treatment if i was to start again. I think the treatment and story board is a worthwhile assessment though it would have been easier if we were taken through how to draw the story boards, and yes i tried the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment