RSS

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Film Ending

When I wrote the story I had in written it in that she dies I the end. However, it wasn’t until we actually started filming that I decided she should jump off the roof. I knew we couldn’t actually film her doing this, so we brainstormed and came up with that we will just film her running up the stairs. Once at the top Rebecca wanted to finish the shot by her walking through the door onto the roof, back facing the camera. I rejected this idea and thought it would be best if we then stood on the roof ourselves and shot Claudia when she stepped through the door. I told Claudia to have a solemn look on her face, to be at peace. Claudia did this better than I could have imagined. For me, Fiona committing suicide wasn’t purely because she was a lonely, depressive mental patient but that she could no longer keep battling with these memories, that is was her way of letting it all go. I thought the ending is happy in a way, her finding her peace, moving on to a better life. To symbolise this more I had suspenseful music playing whilst she ran up the stairs; however, was on the roof made her peaceful, reoccurring piano loop play, fading it into when her name tag is taken away.

No comments:

Post a Comment